The first Penguin Point restaurant was opened June 6th, 1950 in Wabash, Indiana, at the intersection of State Rd. 13 and State Rd. 15, as a carhop drive in and is still in operation today.
It was started by 2 Stouder Families.
Wallace and Mary Stouder ,and Lloyd and Heleta Stouder
Wallace Stouder installed the first tel-hop system in Indiana and only the 2nd in the country. It was the beginning of a convenient drive -thru.
The Penguin point we know today was formed in June of 1961, by the 2 brothers providing Tenderloins, Burgers, and Fries and also introducing the Big Wally sandwich, and their famous Pampered to perfection Chicken.
There have been a number of Penguin Point Restaurants started in several states including Florida, Michigan, Ohio, and Texas.
Today there are currently 13 Restaurants all located in Northern Indiana.
3-Warsaw 3-Elkhart 1 -Auburn, Ft. Wayne, Plymouth, Goshen, Syracuse, Marion and Wabash.